Former ambassador to the US, Husain Haqqani, in an attempt to get his statements recorded in London, submitted an application in the Supreme Court on Saturday, reported Express News.
Haqqani’s lawyer Zahid Bukhari, talking to Express News, said that his client’s life is in danger and thus he wants his statements recorded via video link, just as Mansoor Ijaz’s statement was recorded.
Bukhari said that Haqqani had earlier appealed to the memo commission probing the Memogate scandal to record his statement via video link, but the commission asked him to refer it to the Supreme Court.
“If a person, who writes against Pakistan, can get his statements recorded via video link, then Haqqani can do it as well,” remarked Bukhari. “We will act according to the Supreme Court’s decision.”
Haqqani, who is currently in London, has been summoned by the memo commission on March 26. The commission had allowed Haqqani to travel abroad on the condition that he will come back to Pakistan within four days of his summon.